RE: Joining Alarm Cable - The Right Way without Junction Boxes

The join doesn't really need anything special - solder and heat shrink
would work well, even terminal bocks would do, although I wouldn't do this
for plastered over joints. For a stronger mechanical joint, you could crimp
them using suitable crimp connectors and then wrap a little electricians
tape around to protect from the initial wet plaster. I have some that you
can then heat with a heat gun and the sheath shrinks and an inner layer
melts and glues the joint, providing superior environmental protection -
which may be better from a wet plaster point of view.

Paul.