RE: Possible cheap printer/scanner bargain

That=92s not a particularly fantastic price for one of those things,
the ch=
eap
HP ones go for about NZ$70-80 normally over here, and they are frequently
down to $39 after a rebate (which they will only give you one of per
address) =96 I know you pay more for things over there, but that discounted
price is still more then. I don=92t know what model that is but it is a
che=
ap
one since the photo cartridge is optional and it comes standard on the good
one. Argos have one with a little LCD and memory slots listed for the same
price

=20

The F2180 and F2280 are total junk scanners, they can=92t tell the
differen=
ce
between a bluey green and a greeny blue, which is _very_ apparent in the
scanned result. It looks like one of those 2, and I think the more
expensiv=
ones with card readers have the same scanner on them in anycase, the photo
printing even with the optional photo cartridge is well poor compared to an
Epson or canon cheapie. Apparantly the blue/green issue is common among
mos=
of the cheaper scanners that use LEDs.

=20

I know someone that buys them, uses the ink and then sells them on trademe
(think local ebay) for almost what they paid for them and then gets another
one new. The resale of a multifunction without ink is greater because
peopl=
think its worth more, when infact they cost about the same as a printer
onl=
device.

=20

The good thing with HP is when you screw your head up from dodgey refill
inks etc, you just get another from a place that does cartridge exchange
refills rather than refilling your own one.

=20