[OT] Shed Electrics

One for the sparks on the list!

I've just put up a shed in my garden and need to get an electric supply to
it.

It needs lighting and half a dozen sockets which will be for a chest
freezer, tumble drier and possibly to power a water pump of some
description
(I've also recently installed some rainwater harvesting stuff where the
tanks are sited close to the shed).

In the shed I have installed a small 2-way consumer unit with a 20A MCB for
a 2.5mm T&E radial for the sockets and a 6A MCB for a 1.0mm T&E
radial for
the lighting.

The shed is sited close to my garage, which has it's own CU fed from a
split
off the incoming electricity supply before it goes into the house.

On the exterior wall of the garage is an IP56 double socket which is on a
20A 2.5mm T&E radial off the CU in the garage, together with 5 other
double
sockets inside the garage itself.

So my question is, can I replace the IP56 double socket with an IP56
junction box and then run 2.5mm in armoured conduit to the shed CU?  I
can't
see a problem with it myself, but am not sure if this is
"allowed"?

Alternatively I do have a spare "way" on the CU in the garage, so
I could
run a new radial specifically to supply the shed if necessary.  If I do
this, is 2.5mm T&E ok or should it be something bigger?

The former would be a simpler solution for me, especially as the IP56
double
socket is redundant now as the shed blocks access to using it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Martyn