Re: AlertMe - Gadget Show

My wife bought an Actifry and she loves it. However, she had already
gone down the low fat cooking road before she bought it and was oven
roasting chips to reduce the fat content (spraying oil over the chips).

The actifry doesn't make chips like a normal deep fat fryer and this
puts some people off.  It takes about 20-30 minutes to cook the chips
from cold, the actifry doesn't need warming up like a conventional
fryer. The colour of the chips isn't as golden as with a deep fat fryer,
but I think this can be determined by the choice of potato, the
preparation and the cooking time. It was interesting to read that Which?
didn't give it a rave review, but I suspect that was because their
testers expected it to replicate deep fat fried chips.

My wife also cooks roast potatoes and roasted vegetables in it, which
come out ok.

It is expensive, but if you are heading down the low fat cooking road
but want to retain some of the high fat treats (chips), then this does a
good job.

Geoff

Paul Gale wrote:
> The CCTV system didn't do too well!
>
> What really annoyed me was the kitchen gadget feature - they had one
of those actifry fryers and didn't mention the results at all!