RE: [SPAM] Water level / Detection pcb

Hi Frank,

I did something like this about ten years ago when I was involved with the
local fire brigade.
It was a water level gauge for the fire truck with four levels, represented
by LEDS and the last level, it flashed to try and catch the drivers
attention that it was all but empty.

For the actual probe a used a PVC pipe with a end cover on the bottom end
and a flange with a hole at the top. Approx 1.5m in length.
This was suspended vertically from the top of the tank.
On the bottom cover I drilled a few 10mm holes to allow the water to go up
un down inside the tube.
This contraption gave me a reasonably steady water level in the pipe. (The
water sloshes a lot in the tanks)
For the actual probe, I used heavy phone cable with the bare ends twisted
around, (ready for this) thumb tacks driven into a broom handle.
It worked beautifully for years until the truck was decommissioned.

The electronics and led's for the meter was mounted into a plastic 70mm *
20mm jiffy box and screwed to the dash of the truck.
The truck actually had two water tanks, a centre tank and an outside tank,
so these were represented as to rows of led's.

Regards,

Neil Wrightson.
N.W.Electronics
ABN 76 768 513 867
Embedded Controllers and Home Automation Products
Web     : www.nwe.net.au

_____