Re: Thoughts on storage devices??

  • Subject: Re: Thoughts on storage devices??
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 10:37:55 -0000

Hi Phil,
Yes it was you I was thinking of!! Sorry to be a pain but any chance
you could let me know any specific software you use with this for
sharing your movies, think I recall you mentioning something about a
program to provide smb shares??

Anything else I should think about?

Thanks
Noel

p.s. thanks to others that have replied too! :)
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@...> wrote:

> I had 3 x 8 bay firewire to IDE enclosures on a Mac Mini as my file
server
> for a couple of years and it worked without a hitch ... the Mini
actually
> spins the drives up and down reliably (as opposed to Windows and
Linux whose