Geovision Automation

Hey guys,

I'm after some help with wiring up the NET I/O card with some lighting.

Specifically I am having problems locating a suitable relay. I am trying
to control some perimeter lighting. I'm not totally sure of the
voltage/amps yet but let's assume the lights are running at 240v and
16amps.

So, I don't want to put that load through the NET I/O card so I will
need a relay. From what I've read on the NET I/O card it can switch up
to 12vdc up to 1amp or 125vac up to .3amp. Is that correct ? or does is
specifically need to be 12v 1am or 125v .3 amp ?

So let's use 12vdc as an example. So I need a relay that when I supply
12vdc, it switches the 240v contacts. I think this also means I need a
SPST relay. Correct ?

So how do I wire that into the NET I/O card ? Do I need a 12vdc power
supply that I then feed into the NET I/O card which will then pass that
voltage on ? e.g the 12vdc positive goes straight to the relay, then the
12vdc negative goes to either the GROUND or OUTPUT PIN1 of the NET I/O
card. If I put the 12vdc negative to GROUND, then OUTPUT PIN1 goes to
the negative coil contact on the relay. Thus when the NET I/O card
activates the output, the 12vdc negative goes from GROUND to PIN1 and
thus activates the relay.

Phew.. that's a lot to take in for a non-sparky like myself. Is this all
correct ? If it is, does anyone know of suitable relays ?

I must admit I'm a bit lost on all this. I will point out though that I
won't be wiring the relay myself, a sparky will be doing it but he
doesn't understand what I need from him, so I am trying to get it
straight in my head before I pass it on to him.

Any help much appreciated

Marc