Re: Country bumpkin seeks fast internet connection

  • Subject: Re: Country bumpkin seeks fast internet connection
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:54:11 +0100

In article <ftlrpm+gnqm@xxxxxxx>, Biggles299 wrote:
> but because it is almost 2miles from the village centre I have yet to
see better than
> 4Mb anywhere.

What's your internal wiring like?  I got an extra 1Mb/s by swapping my
faceplate for one
from ADSLnation. This ensures that all your internal wiring is on the
"non ADSL" side of
the filter and can't interfere. You can see if this will help by removing
your current
faceplate and plugging your ADSL router into the internal socket.

I'm now getting around 7Mb/s, which is jolly nice! Not as good as the
17Mb/s at the
office, but nothing to complain about.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire