Re: [OT] Decoding USB Data

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "wheelbarrowuk2001" <ukha@...>
wrote:

> I have recently got one of these wireless weather stations.
>
> http://www.TinyURL.com/6cjdyd

This appears to be a WH1080 device.

> What i would like to do is replace the software with my own. But to
> do this i need to collect the data.

Someone seems to have already gone down this route for Linux:
http://www.pendec.dk/weatherstation2007.htm

> I have used wireshark before now to Ethernet, but I've not found
> anything to snoop USB.

Wireshark on Linux can now snoop on USB devices if you have a recent
enough version of libpcap. Theres more info on this and a point to a
couple of Windows tools here: http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/USB