Light automation

We're about to re-do the master bedroom, so this is a chance to sneak
in
some potential automation!

Without too much digging out of back-boxes or running additional cable,
what
options are there similar to X10? Is it possible to get 3 or 4 circuits
controlled from a single X10 type sender? Ideally I'd like to be able to
switch the main light from the door and both sides of the bed, I'd also
like
to be able to switch the bed lights from either side of the bed and also
from the door. If possible I'd also like to be able to control a 4th (or
other multiples) light (probably a set of LED type strip lights on top of
the wardrobes to give an upward simple colour wash).

I have a 3 core + earth to the wall switch and presently 2 * 3 core + earth
to each wall switch

Any suggestions?