RE: Re: [Slightly OT] Intel CPU

Once again I'm looking at the same thing myself - I still run an
Athlon 64
4000+ under Vista and I do tend to find that it groans (OK - it bloody
stops) when trying to run two copies of CloneDVD (two optical drives
ripping
simultaneously), Azureus and playing TV off a DVB-S or DVB-T source. :-D

With the price of Quad core processors what they are now - and with the
price of memory having plummeted - I think it has to be a bit of a
no-brainer ... Quad core and 4 Gig RAM for me! :-D

Phil