Re: Clipsal C-Bus Control System

Gareth,

I've worked in trade sales in my industry and, it's this simple...

If you are a genuinely trade customer you'll get discount off SRP.

If you buy a reasonable amount regularly you'll get a discount off SRP.

The less hassle you give asking stupid questions the more discount you
get.

The more you buy, the more discount you get.

If you pay your account (if you have one) on time you'll get more
discount.

The more of the above criteria you fulfil the better the rate you get.

I'm sure that most companies that deal with "trade sales" operate
the
same way and that you have to build a relationship with your supplier
over time, you don't just get all the benefits or the best possible
terms from the get-go. To think otherwise is, frankly, a bit naive at
best but probably bordering on terminal stupidity. As Li says, IBM,
Microsoft, Ebuyer and a host of other "trade" suppliers from Dell
Screwfix will offer better discounts, to better customers. If you
choose not to be a better customer expect to get hit with the full SRP
and rightly so IMO.

If you choose to be a normal public buyer then expect the full SRP and
if you get anything better than that then well done, you won. Just
don't expect trade prices when you're not trade as anyone that asks me
for that when they aren't trade get told effectively to go away with
two words, the latter one being "off" normally followed by a
completion of the remark or sentence involving the word
"chancer".

As for who's on the desk, well just as important is, who's the punter
asking and do you consider them worthy of wasting your time on?

K.