RE: discreet door/window closure sensors?

  • Subject: RE: discreet door/window closure sensors?
  • From: "Pete Church" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 07:13:51 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Raymond Kelly
Sent: 11 September 2007 22:03
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] discreet door/window closure sensors?

>yeah the exact placement I will have to work out by powering up the
>things and experimenting. The higher (less noticeable) the better. Got
>to drill those holes in the right place.
>Coupe of years time Velux will have em built in!! __,

When I put the motor controls on the first of our Veluxes I missed the fact
that there is a pre-drilled cable hole to allow the cable to pass invisibly
through the frame into the recess behind the catch at the top (where the
motor sits on the centre pivot version) .  This might be a useful way to
get
cables through safely - I made a real hash of drilling the first one and
even punctured the flashing.  The second one was a piece of cake!

I think you said yours were top hung so might be a different layout, but
you
might still have the hole in the frame (look for a "bung" in the
top edge of
the frame), and you may even be able to conceal the sensor in the outside
part of the frame which you will only see when the window is open.

Hope that helps/makes sense

Pete

_._,___