RE: [OT] Avi compression

So you want it to be downloaded rather than played or streamed within
the page?

AVI is a wrapper - there are a significant number of CODECs that sit within
this. What type of material is it - standard PAL video?

Have a look here for a load of different software encoders etc...

http://www.afterdawn.com/

If it's standard PAL video, you may be best going with WMV as this has
excellent penetration into PC desktops and is very good quality. The
Windows Media Encoder is also good (and free) although isn't as easy to use
as a point and click encoder designed for basic use.

Paul.

IMO,
> we do loads for web sites with all types of video. Plays within a
flash
> player. WMV is also a good bet or Quicktime (not my favourite though).
> >
> > Paul.

resembles it.

> > > I basically have a 32mb Avi that I want to compress so that
I can