Re: Re: [OT] External Hard Disk

From: "tonytofts" <tony@xxxxxxx>

> And i wish i'd also taken your advise to rip the dvd's to VOB's...

Damn! I wish I'd read Phil's posts more closely- I thought he ripped to
iso's too. I have been doing iso's too.

> Did them all as iso but am now ploughing thru changing them to single
> vob's so i can use them (using medianet as the server) to serve them
> to my V880N's (got 1 on a matrix switch in 16:9 and the other
> configured for the sony projector)

What are you using to rip? I brought the slysoft set on a discount.

> Have really started to enjoy watching my movies again now I've got it
> all sorted. Just going to take an age to rip all the ISO's to Vob's

Why not mount them using one of the virtual drive programs (daemon or
clonedrive) and rip them from there- got to be faster. A mate who has
24mbps
Bulldog says it is quicker to download the rips from Usenet rather than to
rip from his originals.

Bro