RE: [OT] Best way to setup Wireless Internet Connection

If your router supports port-forwarding to a named machine (instead of
IP
address), run DHCP for everything.

Not all routers do, so if you have to specify and IP address, fix the IP of
the machine that you are port forwarding to, to an address outside the DHCP
range** (i.e. no other machine can be given the address by accident).

Enable DHCP and leave the rest of your system to auto configure, using
machine names in any addressing instead of IP addresses (i.e. let the
internal DNS do it's job!!).

Fixed IP addresses, except where specifically needed, are a real annoyance
particularly if you have roaming machines like, as you do, others using
your
network temporarily.

Jim

** Most default DHCP configurations don't give the full x.x.x.2 - x.x.x.254
range, but you would need to check where upper limit is anyway (often
around
100) and change if needed.