Re: Re: dimmable CFL

yep, our dimmers run incandescent's &, as you say, start-up at a
surprisingly high brightness - now that I notice - 'though the need
of the bulb to heat-up adds a soft-start of its own, of course ...
maybe with fluorescent's, the start-up is more sudden, there being no
heat-up equivalent ... ???   Maybe a solution to this could be to use
a mix of CFLs & other types ... or should we just go straight to
LEDs ... ... looks like they all have their issues !!

Chris