Re: Geovision-based system for social events capture

hello Paul,

i think you are right about the multi shots...what you are suggesting is
indeed a viable solution...

and i would definitely consider sub-contracting or partnering with an
expert..

at this point however i need to put something forward quickly and i
expect to receive some feedback from the client and only then will i try
to pin it down to the final solution.

The client is not in the UK and he hasnt made up his mind yet for the
complete product.

there are 2 needs i need to address:
1. capture theatrical acts and burn dvds to sell to the parents. These
acts take place 2-3 times per year and are really amateur acts.
2. have the ability to capture business seminars and meetings if he is
asked to do so as a host...

Like all businessmen he wants with the same equipment to do both
jobs.....I think i will be gentle with him first and try to get him to a
point where his appetite for best quality will gradually grow :-)

Thanos

> Idiot proof - mmmm, not very likely!
>
> If you really need a multi camera solution i.e. a number of cameras in
locked-off shots and possibly a single operated camera for close-ups etc, I
think your best bet is to mix the programme live - there are a whole load
of vision mixers out there from the reasonably cheap to bloomin expensive!
Take a look at that basic vision mixer on the Focus page I sent earlier.
Titles etc could also be mixed live but this requires a fair bit of skill
and careful timing on the part of the operator. This is basically how all
news programmes are put together. I've visited a number of studios and it
always amazes me how much manual human control and interaction there is -
even with various automation systems available.

> With this, you'd need an operator throughout the show, live mixing
suitable shots - how easy this is and how much experience/training they
would need depends on the content and variability of the show - i.e. is it
always the same or is there an element of live interaction perhaps? Would
you need multiple shots - a single camera shot becomes VERY boring VERY
quickly!

> This live mix could be burnt directly to DVD as the show progresses
and then replicated reasonably quickly thereafter, but menus etc would
depend on the machine in use.

> If you were to go the capture/edit/titling/DVD authoring etc route,
I'd be pretty confident there's no chance at all that you could do this
within 10 minutes of show end! Maybe an hour or a bit less though...

> If there's any money in this project, it sounds like you need to get a
professional equipment supplier involved with good experience in that kind
of area.

> Paul.

have the
request to