1-Wire network wiring

  • Subject: 1-Wire network wiring
  • From: "Brian Smith" <briview@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:41:51 +0100

Sorry if this has been covered before but I've had a good search
through the
archives and can't find anything.  I'm looking for some advice as to how
people have wired up their 1-wire networks.  I have a number of temperature
sensors connected up via cat5 from each room to my node 0.  I guess it
resembles a star topology and whilst it seems to work fine the wiring is
less than elegant with a number of hacked cat5 fly leads from my patch
panel
joined together with a terminal block.  Does anyone have any cheap and
cheerful suggestions as to how I could improve this as I want to add some
more sensors and my current approach isn't what you'd call scalable?  Also
does anyone have any experience on the number of devices that can be
sustained without the use of a hub?  I've only got half a dozen at the
moment but I'm probably looking to add the same again.

Thanks in advance

Brian