Re:RJ11 outlet suppliers

  • Subject: Re:RJ11 outlet suppliers
  • From: "James Day" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:49:29 +0100

I've used HYPERLINK "http://www.minitran.co.uk"www.minitran.co.uk
for my my
bits and pieces.
I don't know how they compare with other sources on price, but they were
able to provide for my odd requirements:

8 way rj45 panel to go on the wall in the hall
Angled double outlet with an rj45 and and a BT linejack.

They have RJ11 modules and various mountings for them.
=20
I noticed that Maplin do one for =A33.99.
=20
I'm not sure whether you want an outlet with 2 sockets connecting to one
se=
of terminals (like a doubler), or one with 2 completely independant outlets
for separate lines: I mention this because I was recently rewiring my
telephones at home, and I wanted a twin outlet with one socket for my BT
line and the other for my flatmate's. I found 3 double BT sockets in the
bo=
of bits, but they were all "doubles" rather than
"twins" (i.e. 2 sockets,
one cable). So it's worth making sure that the ones you buy are the right
type for you!
=20
James Day

Checked by AVG Free Edition.=20