Re: [OT] Video Conferancing, Shared white board

Nigel,

Skype does video conferencing
(http://www.skype.com/intl/en/allfeatures/videocall/)
so that might be
a starting point.

I use a webcam (Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000) which is pretty good, but
previously I used my DV camcorder. While that was a bit more of a
fiddle to set up (had to start another "driver" program first) it
also
worked well.

As an aside, the camcorder was connected over firewire and the
DV/firewire-to-webcam software I used was SplitCam
(http://www.splitcamera.com), and it's
free :-)

I use the mic in the webcam and don't have too many issues. My webcam
can also do face tracking so you're "never" out of shot, but I
tend
not to use that as the chair is usually only in one place...

Also, I'm not sure if NetMeeting is video-enabled now. That might be
better if you're trying to share PC applications, rather than just a
video stream.

HTH,

Tim.
(p.s. hope you're leg is getting better)