Re: Fw: Neat Power over Ethernet Injector Cables

Quoting Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx>:

> Makes no mention of max voltage or ampage ratings for CAT5 that you
could
> safely send.
>
> Anyone up for a bulk buy ? These are great for KAT5 (which has a low
> enough draw) - beats my home made injectors that I use !

DO NOT USE THESE ON THE CAT5 CABLE CARRYING KAT5 SIGNALS !!!!!

KAT5 uses all 4 pairs and you will cause damage.

By all means use a SECOND CAT5 (as Gareth does) to carry power from a
remotely located PSU but NOT THE SAME CABLE.

For Ethernet use they are fine because that only used 2 pairs leaving
the other two free for the power.