Re: EIB versus CBUS

good question ... and I remember my conclusion better than the detail
(!) ... but the main points were that Idratek has a free topology,
has a good EPS & falls back to Reflex when Cortex goes down (eg: if
'XP has a fit, there's a power-cut, etc) ... and EIB is built like a
tank (well, not quite) and has an open standard with multiple sources
(ABB, Siemens, Philips, Merten, Jung, and umpteen more) ... ISTR
there was something about the C-Bus & EIB topologies, too, but can't
now remember why they should be different !   I'll dig into the diary
to get more ... maybe this evening !

Idratek also has things like multiple parallel PIR & digital input
options, and a number of other features to help things run smoothly -
eg: a good range on input & output devices, general affordability, so
you can actually have redundancy, with sufficient sensors, a multi-
purpose controller module, for special needs, a good intercom, etc -
all of which are important, ISTM, because an underspecified set-up
ain't going to work too well !

just my view, in our situation, of course !!

Chris