Re: Re: ATI Graphics Card Resolutions for Pioneer Plasma

> I'm able to acheive 1024 x 768 via VGA which matches my 43"
Pio's
> native resolution.

OK but the panel in question originally has a resolution of 1280 x 768
which isn't a 16:9 ratio nor is it a 4:3 ratio, it's a "mongrel"
resolution!

> Circles are not perfect circles however,

On your panel, far from perfect!

> because as someone mentioned earlier,

...that was me...

> the Panel uses rectangular pixels to acheive a 16:9 look.

Exactly ... this was my original point when it was described as a 1280 x
1024 panel.

> Nevertheless, I've found the Pio's support this resolution. It's just
> a matter of setting up your PC's VGA output resolution correctly.

The thing is your PC still thinks it is driving a 4:3 display doesn't it?

> HDMI is another game altogether and although it can acheive a sharper
> image the overscan requires more tweaking.

You sure that you're not confusing HDMI and component video - I've not
found *ANY* problems with overcan issues on any of the kit I've tried
driving via different combinations of DVI and HDMI so far. Admittedly I've
not tried many combinations personally (I don't have huge amounts of kit
at my disposal) but apart from using powerstrip to generate a 1368 x 768
resolution for my LCD when I was using it by analogue VGA or DVI I've not
had to tweak anything...

Phil