Re: AD10 problem

OK, so I was able to look at this again over the weekend. And it's
dead :-(

I think one of the relays has gone as when I took it apart and
manually closed the contacts the output was indicated as on (via LED).
Sending an OFF signal gave a satisfying(?) clunk... The plastic arm
that connects the contacts to the relays appears fine.

So, does anyone have another knackered one I can butcher to repair
mine, or is anyone interested in my one for parts?

Cheers,

Tim.

On 9/20/07, Tim Hawes <timsyahoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, it's sounding very much like it's an ex-AD10...
>
> I'll give the "tap it and unwrap it" suggestion a go - I did
try a bit
> of that last night but I don't think I was forceful enough.
>
> Failing that I'll take it apart. Are the circuit boards *secured* into
> the case or are they just a tight friction fit? I looked at this last
> night but again wuss-ed out as I was hoping it might still work...
>
> Thanks for all your help guys - I'll report back if it magically comes
> back to life :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim.
>

> On 9/20/07, Phil Harris <phil@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hence "Give it a Whack" suggestion ;) if it's
btoke, it's not going to
> > > become more broke!
> >
> > Remember it can be a fine line between the "tap it and
unwrap it" kind of
> > give it a whack and the "ducking out of the way of flying
shards of
> > exploding white plastic in an Indiana Jones stylee" kind of
give it a
> > whack. ;-)
> >
> > > Phil - - I thought you were of the threaten hardware with
hammers breed!
> > > ;)
> >
> > Ahhh you've got me wrong there ...
> >
> > ... lump hammer and screwdriver is the standard repair kit for
Mk1 and Mk2