Re: 1U Rack mount UPS?

  • Subject: Re: 1U Rack mount UPS?
  • From: "Paul Bendall" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:44:37 -0000

Hi Andy,

Okay I lied it actually cosumes 27W as measured by a power-watt plug-
in device. I specifically chose a VIA mini-itx motherboard for the
server because of the extremly low power consumption. The chip runs at
1.5GHz but is more than enough to run a Windows Domain Controller,
Exchange server and Cortex (Idratek HA software) in fact some of the
fan-less motherboard with a 1GHz processor run around 12W.

My prefernce would be 1U as I don't have a particuliarly large rack
and I am not in a hurry to purchase (its mid-month a long way from pay-
day;o0

Paul
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Andy Whitfield"