Re: Re: Simat 1 wire Hubs

  • Subject: Re: Re: Simat 1 wire Hubs
  • From: Jon Payne <jgpayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:19:07 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Frank,

See:
http://www.maxim-ic.com/products/ibutton/ibuttons/
http://www.maxim-ic.com/products/ibutton/ibuttons/thermochron.cfm
http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/3246

But essentially a Thermocron is 1-wire temperature logger containing a
battery in a little metal can. It is connected to the 1-wire network to
'mission' it (start/stop times of the mission and how often to record the
temperature in units of a minute), then placed somewhere to record up to
4096 temperature samples, connect it back on to the 1-wire network to
retrieve the data and remission it.

cheers,
jon