Re: Yuck Rockwool

Paul Bendall wrote:

> I have been running some cables through the loft as I expand my HA
> system. But now I am paying for it with itchy skin from moving around
> Rockwool. Horrible, horrible stuff and amazing how such small holes
> from rooms below can generate a wide area of black Rockwool

AFAIR it's about twice the price, but I'm *really* tempted to use
the stuff made from recycled cotton or wool when I redo our loft
insulation.

Unfortunately it's one of those jobs that seems to expand forever:
I can't see the point of further insulating the loft without fixing
the holes in the roof felt and dealing with all the places I can see
the sky through, but if I'm going to sort that out then I probably
have to have the roof off, in which case I might as well replace the
roof timbers that aren't in the best of conditions and if I'm going
that far we should probably sort out the loft conversion we've been
thinking about for ages.  And the additional water storage for
rainwater harvesting, which means redoing the plumbing etc...

James