Re: [OT] Networking Problem

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Networking Problem
  • From: "domdevitto" <dom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 21:38:27 -0000

Hmmm, actually was helping a colleague with this last week - but add a
ton of other gear, and about 3 layers of encapsulation. :-(

It could be a TCP options thing - are the first and second machines
running the same OS? (e.g. selective TCP acks).

Suggest you compare wireshark dumps for a small (1MB) file transfer,
and in particular the options in the first few packets.

This is pretty detailed, but it will, if nothing else show you the TCP
options in place and per-packet timings.

Dom

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Chris Miles" <chrismiles@...>
wrote:

> I have a strange problem where I cant get fast speeds transferring
files from one my my hard wired machines to one of my NAS boxes. Only
seems to be about 10mbps.

> I can transfer from this machine to another machine at 100mbps.
> I can transfer from the second machine to the NAS box at 100mbps.
>
> So there cant be a problem with the wiring between the first
machine, second machine, or NAS box.