Buying Harmony remote from the states

  • Subject: Buying Harmony remote from the states
  • From: "andy_walkuk" <andy_walkuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:47:55 -0000

I was thinking of making use of the good =A3 - $ exchange rate at the
moment and getting a harmony remote from the states.

However, there seems to be a difference in model numbers between the
American and European versions, i.e. the americans have the 890 and we
have the 895, this is repeated on the whole range i think.

I assume this is down to the power cord, can anyone with the harmony
remote docking veriosn tell me how the power supply works?  Is it a
figure of 8 type power cord into a transformer, etc..  Do the markings
indicate universal voltage input?  Can I simply chop the plug off
and put a 13A 3-pin on it?

US Ebayers that ship to the UK (buy-it-now) seem to have these at half
the price of the UK shops (some of these are refurbished though, but
still, half-price!).

Many thanks.