Re: Re: Simat 1 wire Hubs

  • Subject: Re: Re: Simat 1 wire Hubs
  • From: Jon Payne <jgpayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:09:28 +0000 (GMT)

(wow, just found this in my 'drafts' folder, obviously been sitting
there a while so apologies for those who wonder what this is about!)

Hi Frank,

I made this change (start temperature conversion of all devices on a branch
and then go back later and read the temperature) and it has reduced the
time to take temperature readings.

Unfortunately although all my temperature sensors are DS18B20's, some are
family code 0x10 and some are family code 0x28!
Only the 0x10's work with the SkipRrom/ConvertT method, so I have to
explicitely select and ConvertT on the 0x28 devices.Even the combination of
this, accessing all devices on a branch together and then going back later
to actually read the temperatures saves quite a bit of time and more
improtantly doesn't tie up the bus for anywhere near as long (because the
bus can be used whilst the temperature conversion's are being done).

I've also added support for Louis Swart(sp?) LCDs (with xAP OSD) and
reading of Thermocron's...

Cheers,
Jon