RE: New Tranquil T2 Windows Home Server PC

  • Subject: RE: New Tranquil T2 Windows Home Server PC
  • From: "Gary Tall" <gtcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 20:21:36 -0000

Interesting, I'm just about to push the button on buying one of the T7
WHS setups. I might reconsider and get one of these.

I'm after one to run provide backup facilities, some file sharing and to
run Slimserver. Whilst I could easily build one I just don't have the
time right now and for the smallish saving it's not really worth it.

Anyway, I've mostly seen good things about WHS but is there anyone here
who would talk me out of going down this route. Perhaps we could limit
this to a thumbs up or down by those who have used WHS and not turn it
into a Linux versus Microsoft OS debate as there have been a couple of
those in the past I believe:-)

Regards
Gary