Re: Idratek

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Karam Karam" <kzkaram@...>
wrote:

In the past we have
> been known to conduct a more interactive internet based 'tour' with
> Skype and UVNC being used to allow the interested party to 'see' one
> of our own installations and discuss things real time. If its
> something you might be interested in and can bear the vagaries of the
> internet then we might be able to arrange something. Let me know.

I had one one of these interactive tours and being used to conference
calls web-ex's etc I found it an excellent medium and far better than
spending a day crossing the country.

Having been convinced that Idratek was the system for me I've not
regretted it, though the Cortex product does take a time to get used
to, almost too clever to be novice-friendly.

FWIW Ben Addison did a good deal of the downstairs cabling for me so
although he hasn't grappled with Cortex he does know what the modules
feel like and how the topology (can) work.

To get the best of the occupancy detection though include cabling for
door sensors, PIRs. Window sensors and cables to your radiators will
make heating control a posibility.  It is Heresy on this group to
suggest there can be too much cat5 in a property but I think the most
valuable cables I've run have been the very low data-rate sensor
cables.  I used Cat5 for a lot of these but I'd use 6-core shielded
stranded alarm cable next time as it is more flexible, easier to solder
rugged and noise resistant.

Good luck
Jon (suffolk)