From: David Chapman
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 2:47 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Mains activated extension socket

Automated Home Discussion> I need to turn on a dust extractor whenever a
woodworking machine is switched on (single phase, but let's say the full 13
amps surge.)

I had the same problem - and the current sensing device I had on a workshop
vac didn't work well as there was a 5 second delay on startup.

What I ended up using was a plug in "sound switch" that I bought
from Maplin
some years ago. It is branded "Home Automation order code 6001"
Although it
says it is only rated 500w in practice I've found it is fine with double
that !! Might not be the perfect solution but something with a sound sensor
could be the way to go.

David C