RE: Fw: Network media player

> > Does Media Centre now support the cataloguing and playback of
> > movies off a network source?
>
> I've been using the standard MCE "My Videos" section, and it
plays
> from network drives just fine.

Hmmmm ... I'll have a look in a minute and see if I can find it and have a
play.

> > I had been using "MyMovies" but stopped a while ago as
the UI
> > was annoying me as it was "close-ish but not quite
right"

> There have been a number of updates, so I'm going to give "My
Movies
> 2" another shot before giving up.  I believe you can now limit
the
> number of movies per page, so it doesn't try to load all the images
> at once.

Yeah - I have MM2 on my MCE machine upstairs and it just doesn't feel as
"together" as the earlier versions did.

Sat on a Vista PC (as it is) it just isn't quite "right" ... as
soon as you
pop into the "Movies" section the MCE revolving circle wait timer
thing
doesn't look the same as the standard MCE one does. It's smaller and not as
nicely anti-aliased and that carries on into the actual program itself - it
doesn't quite follow the MCE style. Then, at least on my machine which is a
2.53GHz P4 with 2Gb RAM so not drastically slow but not smokin' fast
either,
coming off the list of options on the left hand side of the screen and onto
the grid of movies takes about five seconds from hitting the
"right" arrow
to the highlight actually moving onto the grid. Also I do find the movie
details page just really messy ... it just doesn't look nice.

Phil