Re: Fw: Network media player

  • Subject: Re: Fw: Network media player
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:30:36 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@...> wrote:

> Does Media Centre now support the cataloguing and playback of
> movies off a network source?

I've been using the standard MCE "My Videos" section, and it
plays
from network drives just fine.

> I had been using "MyMovies" but stopped a while ago as the
UI
> was annoying me as it was "close-ish but not quite right"

There have been a number of updates, so I'm going to give "My Movies
2" another shot before giving up.  I believe you can now limit the
number of movies per page, so it doesn't try to load all the images
at once.

> I keep promising myself that writing this front end for myself is
the reason
> I need to learn VB (or similar) but I just never get the time to do
it!

My plan was to create an app with an embedded web browser - all the
UI would then be straight from my intranet and viewable on other
devices too.  The crucial piece would be to allow navigation using
the remote rather than a mouse (hence the custom app rather than just
using a browser directly).

Mal