RE: Fw: Network media player

> I know what you mean.  I'd like to stick with Windows Media
> Center, but the organisation of the movies is pants.

Does Media Centre now support the cataloguing and playback of movies off a
network source?

I had been using "MyMovies" but stopped a while ago as the UI was
annoying
me as it was "close-ish but not quite right" looking most of the
time and
some of the time just looked downright scrappy! Also, as I got more and
more
movies on my server then MyMovies got slower and slower (admittedly I'm up
over about 700 now IIRC) but I could feel myself getting tense and stressed
with how long it would take to toggle through lists of films...

> No
> series support for example, and cover art that is square
> instead of DVD-case shaped - grrr!!!.  Their non-standard use
> of mp3 tags requires me to retag all my music...

Don't get me started on Media Player retagging MP3 files that I've already
carefully tagged!

> I'm about ready to say "sod it", and start coding my xPL
> Media Player, although I'm sure that to other people, my
> solution will be almost-but-not-quite too!

I keep promising myself that writing this front end for myself is the
reason
I need to learn VB (or similar) but I just never get the time to do it!

Phil