Re: [OT] - Improving indoor mobile phone reception

The big mobile equipment suppliers like Nortel and Ericsson
do these, but be prepared for a hefty price tag - around £2k
to the network operators last time I looked, and I doubt
they would sell them direct to the public.

Martin

Andy Davies wrote:
> My outlaws live in the middle of nowhere and have a box that does
this.

> There's what looks like a picocell on the wall that the phone talks to
and
> then the box on the wall is linked to an aerial on the roof that talks
> the network's tower.
>
> I'll see if I can find out more....
>
> Andy
>
> On 31/05/07, alanmiddleton74 <yahoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Has anyone seen a way of improving the reception on a mobile phone
>> inside the house?
>>
>> I wasn't thinking of one of the stick on signal boasters and
realise
>> the rf boosters a illegal in this country.
>>
>> I was thinking more something like a bluetooth car kit with an
>> external aerial (that could be mounted outside) and that allows
the
>> headset to keep control of the call.
>>
>> Has anyone seen such a device, my googling hasn't :(
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Alan.

Grizelli Associates Limited
IT Project Consultants
2c Nethermoor Road, Middlezoy, Bridgwater, TA7 0PG
UK Company registration no. 2468872
VAT registration no. 713 1775 49