Re: [OT] Thermal Stores for hot water/heating

They're not very common, so I guess most plumbers won't know too much
about them.
I had a flat once that had a thermal store - it worked great.  You get
mains pressure hot water without the crap performance and constant
cycling every time you turn the tap on.

You can get vented thermal stores - there's no need for them to be
sealed and pressurized (except to earn the heaitng trade their annual
maintenance fee, as you mention).  The vented ones don't need building
control approval either.

The calcification issue sounds like B.S to me.  The water flowing
through the boiler is not being constantly refreshed - it's no more
likely to calcify than in a regular hot water tank system, and you can
add all the inhibitors etc you want.

Mal