Re: Network media player

  • Subject: Re: Network media player
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 14:23:32 +0100

In article <f3eu2j+tppc@xxxxxxx>, Paul Bendall wrote:
> If I remember correctly MS will break out a new version of Media
Centre
> this autumn which is based entireky on Vista. The current MC for Vista
> is still using XP code base.

I don't tend to run much MS software here. My video server runs Linux and
shares content via samba and UPnP.

I really am torn between trying to put together a player using something
like Geexbox (and tackling VGA -> RGB SCART and remote control) or using
an Xbox and tackling modding etc.

The PC-based solution has a better migration path to HDTV.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire