RE: Nokia N95 or.....

Just an observation...

If I bought an item that had major features not working, battery life below
the specification and crashed (every crash is "major", as it
stops the unit
working to specification), I'd be screaming trades description and
demandin=
my money back. Did this with the first PDA I got (from Dell, a bag of
cr*p)=
,
took them about a month to accept they had sold rubbish and refund.

Why do we put up with buying products which are so obviously faulty, then
accept days/weeks/months of feature non-use whilst waiting for software
updates to fix problems that should have been sorted during product
development?

There seems to be an acceptance with IT products that things will go wrong.
OK, bugs are a by-product of software development (I should know, I'm a
systems developer by profession!) but most should be ironed during product
testing. We seem to be all too ready to accept bigger problems as
"normal"
when they shouldn't exist.

I would never buy a Smartphone (Symbian or Windows) for the very reasons
outlined by Mark - the risk of the thing crashing, which is likely to
happe=
without me knowing and not being able to receive calls. I can see why
peopl=
would want an all-in-one unit, pity they don't live up to the hype!

</rant>

I'll stick to my trusty 6310i and Bluetooth-connected PDA!

Jim