Re: One more try !

No probs :-)

What do you want to connect you Fuji to? an access point, obviously,
but then what? another PC? or something else?

Just thinking that if it's another PC, or a higher-spec router, you
could maybe initiate a VPN session so even though your 2nd network is
"less secure", your data is encrypted.

Cheers,

Tim.

On 5/24/07, Marc R. Fuller <groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nice, that's a wealth of information :D
>
> I thought about another access point running WEP but that would still
> leave me with the problem of a very unsecure network :\
>
> I'm going to have a good read of all those links and see what I can
> figure out. Cheers Tim :)
>
> Thanks
>
> Marc
>

> Tim Hawes wrote:
> >
> > I have an Orinoco Gold but I don't think that supports WPA
either. How
> > about a second access point just for the Fuji running WEP,
possibly
> > with a VPN connection too?
> >
> > I've just googled a bit and it may be possible to get WPA from a
Cisco
> > Aironet 350 adaptor card (16 bit), but only if you run Win 2k or
XP.
> > I found my way to this page:
> > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps441/prod_technical_reference_list.html
> > <http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps441/prod_technical_reference_list.html>
> > Then by clicking the 2nd link you can get a PDF called
"Deployment
> > Guide: Configuring the Cisco Wireless Security Suite":
> > http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps4076/c2001/ccmigration_09186a0080223ad2.pdf
> > <http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps4076/c2001/ccmigration_09186a0080223ad2.pdf>
> > Check out the note at the bottom of the "prerequisites"
section :-(