Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: Re: Windows home server

Phil Harris wrote:
> In case anyone's interested there's a seller on ebay with 20 off 3Ware
> 9500-12 12 channel SATA RAID controllers for sale at £179.99 each
which
> includes the battery backup unit for the controller card too which
doesn't
> sound at all bad...

The 9500S-12 doesn't actually use the multi-lane connectors - there are 12
SATA connectors on the
board as the picture shows. I have one of these (from Re-Tek as it happens,
but I didn't get the BBU
when I bought it).  The multi-lane version is the 9500S-12MI.

I love this controller card, much better than my Adaptec cards.

> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AMCC-Storage-3ware-9500S-12-SATA-RAID-Controller-w-BBU

_W0QQitemZ190113423676QQihZ009QQcategoryZ96881QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZV