Re: Call to tax plasma televisions

  • Subject: Re: Call to tax plasma televisions
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:31:44 -0000

How many more taxes on Plasma Televisions do these busybodies want?

We pay VAT on the TV itself, VAT on the electricity to run it, the fuel
used to bring it home is taxed to oblivion, on roads that we pay a tax
to use, then we are taxed to take the packaging away..

...and I probably missed a few!!

in all seriousness, the problem is not the energy consumption of the
TV - it's the usage pattern. If slack jawed mouthbreathers didn't sit
in front of it all night, every night watching reality TV, there
wouldn't be a problem!

I.