RE: Exploding CD

Yes - company I used to work for did a lot of work investigating this
- some drives at the time (major brands) had a fairly flimsy cover on the
tray mechanism that could allow an exploding CD to eject sharp shard at
several hundred miles per hour!!! We did some ultra high speed filming of
them failing - very impressive!

All caused by brittle plastics used in the CD's - all that was needed is a
slight crack in the centre hub and wind the drive up to approx 40x - 50x
speed and big bang :)

Paul.

CD-R
> under WinXP for some reason although I could see the cda file, so I
> tried in my Ubuntu server. No joy but a lot of whirring noise.
Following