From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
noughtomate
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 10:47 PM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Rack mounting the un-rackable

I'm new to rack mounting - It's another world!

Just wondering. If I have a non rackable component, apart from the
obvious shelves or drilling of blank plates, is there any 'gizmo'
which could telescopically clamp a component to a rack ? I need it
specifically to handle 'thin' items such as IR distrubution
components.

Kinda like this, looking at the Rack head on :

< 19 inch rack space >

----[Component here]---

where -- represents the telescopic bit and the [ ] are the clamp
grippers.

I've googled around and although there are clamps for rack items,
these appear to clamp components of full depth. I just need the
front fascia to be clamped.

It would be interested to hear how have you gone about keeping your
non rack components looking 'slick'.

Thanks