RE: [ukha_d] £99 HDMI HD Media Player Bargain!?

> Well it's only =A399 at Amazon - twice as much elsewhere.  The
shortfalls
> I mention are frustrating because they could be addressed without the
> device costing very much more.  The ifo/iso one in particular is just
> software issue,

Agreed that that is a "software issue" but I believe that there
are
additional licence fees to pay on devices that are deemed to be "DVD
players" and one of the terms of the licence used to be that playback
would
only be supported directly off the disc itself and not from a network (or
other) source - that may have changed though so I could be talking out of
m=
arse but it's why devices like the Momitsu DV-880N network attached DVD
players didn't support DVD playback off network storage via their own
supplied server software (however 3rd party versions did support such use).

Phil