Re: Mains installation in garden

  • Subject: Re: Mains installation in garden
  • From: "lexfordparc" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 07:21:07 -0000

Chris,

I wouldn't say that is being pedantic as it is a very important
point. The thickness of the wire has a very significant effect on the
amount resistance you will observe. At low voltage supply a 50W
output takes just over 4Amps if the voltage were 230v then you would
need just 0.2Amps. Hence why we distribute electricity at very high-
voltage in the Grid

Paul
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Chris Hunter <cjhunter@...> wrote:

> in proportion to area (ie: diameter^2) rather than diameter, I
think ...

> so 4mm2 => 4x4 / 2.5x2.5 = 16 / 6.25 => a bit better than
halved ....