Re: Cheap-ish 9U data cabinet (bargain?)...

> And I've heard that 1Us can be noisy ... which
> might imply not going rack-mounted ...

1U servers certainly are noisy, but thats just because of the large
number of fans required to move enough air through the enclosure to keep
the CPU etc cool.

Unless you really need that many servers or have a lack of space, I'd
suggest 2U or even 4U cases for servers, 4U's having the advantage that
you can use full height PCI cards without needing a riser card or any
sort.

Cheers

Stuart