RE: Electronic House magazine's Best Homes of the Year 2007

>  >sorry ... Scrubs ...
>
> lost on me ... I'll try to ignore ... !

Nah ... try watching it ... on E4 repeated frequently.

>  >AnyDVD & CloneDVD ...
>
> we use our PC to play DVDs ... so maybe we should get one of them ...
> but 'curious to know how they cope with the different encodings ...
> ie: the 24fps vs 50Hz Europe & 60Hz USA business, which I'd
assumed
> meant it wasn't just prohibitions but codings that were different on
> the DVD ... 'wonder if Zone 1 & Zone 2 copies of the same movie
play
> to same quality through AnyDVD or CloneDVD ?

Well, AnyDVD simply strips all the protection and region coding from a DVD
and CloneDVD just allows you to copy (and exclude portions of) unprotected
DVDs. They don't do anything to the actual playback as neither are
"players"
in themselves.

PC DVD playback software will *USUALLY* rescale and framerate convert to
the
currently selected display resolution and framerate however although the
rescaling is usually pretty good the framerate conversion tends to be
fairly
flaky. Some players will allow you to select screen resolutions and refresh
rates depending on different source material (PAL / NTSC).

>  >roll of duct tape ...
>
> yes, 'wonder if people are better in the more formal environment of
> rows of seats ???

Take a seat in the back row and at least you can kick the back of their
seat...

Phil